Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 11.02.2011, 17:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,475 / 846 (79) +++++++
Neil McDonald: CRM 2011 Add Multiple Users Error
Источник: http://crm.project95.com/crm-2011-ad...le-users-error
==============

I've been having an issue with trying to add multiple users on the CRM 2011 release candidate. I could add individual users fine, but the multiple users wizard showed an error after selecting the license type.

I looked in the event viewer and saw this message

Exception information: Exception type: ActiveDirectoryObjectNotFoundException Exception message: The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted.

I could add users fine individually, so my domain could definitely be contacted, so why was this error only occuring when trying to load multiple users? I turned on tracing, which displayed this:

Process: w3wp |Organization:38fbda44-2715-e011-8b1e-00151d004a11 | Thread: 4 |Category: Exception |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 | Level: Error | SystemLabelDictionaryCacheLoader.LogDetails

The user GUID full of zeros lead me to believe that perhaps my CRM is getting a list of users from AD and is finding one without a GUID which caused an error. I connected SQL up to query Active directory to find out which user it was, but I was getting no further as everything seemed to have a valid GUID.

Then it dawned on me. Maybe the domain that could not be contacted, isn't the domain I'm logged in t? As far as I was aware, there were no other domains to contact, but the CRM server seems to think otherwise. I decided to load up Wireshark on the CRM server to capture the packets and find out what exactly it what it was trying to contact. I got to the stage just before I knew then error would occur in the wizard, then started capturing packets. I hit the Next button in the wizard and then immediately saw this in the Wireshark window.

It seems that the CRM is trying to contact the domain xtbase.office. Now this domain was removed 3+ years ago, so I had no idea why the CRM would still be finding it. I used ntdsutil to try and clean up whatever the old domain had left over but could find nothing.

Finally, I ventured onto my PDC and looked in Active Directory Domains and Trusts. Under the properties of my domain, on the trusts tab, there was the problem. An outgoing and incoming trust to xtbase.office. I deleted the trusts from the list and tried CRM again. Success at last!

So the main lesson for today is: Read the error message. Then read it again!

Permalink | Leave a comment »

Источник: http://crm.project95.com/crm-2011-ad...le-users-error